Thursday, October 17, 2013

Questions ... and Living Room Meetings


Wouldn't it be nice if all questions
were so simple? From the Cambria
Scarecrow Festival.
At the Monday meeting, we asked people to vote for the questions that are most concerning to them.  The questions are listed below in the order of votes.

Each question will be comprehensively addressed … and verified by  people knowledgeable and competent about conversions.  The researched answers will be released in order of importance (per the voting total) one at a time.  

After each question is thoroughly researched, several of us (residents who are learning and becoming more informed about conversion) will be available for "living room" meetings.  You invite us in … we sit and chat about the question in a calm and rational manner.  You will have the opportunity to ask as many questions as necessary until you understand how it affects your particular situation.   

You might want to invite a few neighbors … or not.  We will make every effort to be available on your schedule.

Questions:
  1. What will happen to my rent if I don’t buy my lot? (32 votes)
  2. What will the price of the lots be? (30 votes)
  3. What method of appraisal will be used to determine lot prices? (26 votes)
  4. Will conversion lower the value of my house? (23 votes)
  5. What will happen if a major system (water, sewer, etc.) breaks after conversion? (18 votes)
  6. If I don’t buy my lot, what happens when I sell my house?  Will I lose the value in my house? (17 votes)
  7. Can someone else buy my lot but not my house if I don’t buy it? (14 votes)
  8. Does SB 510 affect this conversion? (13 votes)
  9. Will the same CC&Rs apply after conversion? (10 votes)
  10. How will the new HOA Board be chosen? (10 votes)
  11. What does getting a permanent foundation involve? (10 votes)
  12. How will lot prices be affected by changes in the real estate market? (8 votes)